Events and Support
The eLearning Toolkit is a collection of eLearning concepts and technologies available at Western University. Browse through concepts and technologies to discover new eLearning possibilities.
The Teaching Support Centre hosts a variety of eLearning Workshops and learning opportunities throughout the year. Registration is through the Teaching Support Centre website
- eLearning Lunch and Learn Series - This series of lively forums features faculty and staff discussions on how they successful integrate technology into their curriculum. For more information or to request access to the OWL site, please contact Lauren Anstey, eLearning & Curriculum Specialist, email@example.com
- Instructional Skills Workshop Online - A six-week workshop held wholly online that focuses on best teaching practices for eLearning. Participants design and teach an online “mini-lesson” in OWL and receive verbal, written, and video feedback from their facilitator and peers. The activities are intended to provide an authentic environment where instructors can learn, experiment, and practice skills related to facilitating online learning.
- Teaching with Technology Day - Jointly hosted by the Teaching Support Centre and ITS' eLearning Technologies Team, the Teaching with Technology Day is designed to provide instructors with hands-on learning experiences with a broad range of eLearning tools. By participating in the day-long session, you and fellow faculty members will leave with ready-to-implement ideas for your face-to-face or online classes.
- eLearning for New Faculty - This all-day workshop provides an introduction to eLearning at Western and will offer a balance of practical information and hands-on learning.
- Online Teaching Squares - The Teaching Squares Program provides faculty with an opportunity to gain new insight into their teaching through a process of reciprocal classroom observation and self-reflection. Four faculty members from across campus will create a "teaching square" and invite one another to observe their classes.
SCoRe - Supported Course Redesign
Western Active Learning Spaces
WALS UCC 66
ITS and the eLearning Team in the Teaching Support Centre work together to provide support to instructors and departments who are interested in the thoughtful integration of technology into their courses and programs. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructional Technology Resource Centre
The Instructional Technology Resource Centre supports faculty who wish to integrate technology into their courses. Support Services Building, Room 4320.
Complete an ITS Helpdesk webform
The Classroom Management Group is responsible for the installation and maintenance of the general classrooms on campus.
WALS (Western Active Learning Space) can be booked through their website. General inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.